“Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects.”
Printable – Ice Cream Cone and Scoops
· Review numbers 1-10 with students in writing and choral counting
· Tell students they will be learning about 1-10 and coloring in ice cream scoops
· Model for students coloring the scoops, cutting a slit in the cone, and pushing the scoops through the slit and then tracing the number 1 in the first scoop
· Explain that students may select how many scoops to color and push through the slit.
· Ask students to complete the printable for at least 2-5, or more.